A few things you can do this summer to help keep your smile healthy…
* Keep you with your oral hygiene routine
– Brush and floss 2x a day. It is likely that people will consume more sugary foods and drinks as the weather gets warmer so good oral hygiene is especially important!!
* Drink water
– Drinking plenty of water is important for your overall health AND for your oral health. When you are dehydrated your mouth does not produce as much saliva and saliva is what helps wash away bacteria which prevents plaque from building up!
* Eat healthy foods
– Barbecue foods are delicious however, most of them contain a lot of sugars which can lead to cavities. Stock up on seasonal fruits and vegetables! That way you have something easy and healthy to snack on.
* Protect your lips
– Did you know your lips can also be damaged by the sun. Buy lip balm with SPF this summer to keep your lips not only moisturized but also protected!
* Avoid chewing on ice
– Chewing on ice is a popular way to stay cool during hot days. Although this habit is common it can cause serious damage to your teeth. Chewing on ice can chip or even break a tooth. This summer instead of chewing on ice just have a glass of water!
* Schedule your dental cleaning!
-Go to the dentist! Have you made your annual dental visit yet? If not give us a call today!