April is Oral Cancer Awareness Month!
Oral cancer is the growth of abnormal, malignant cells in or on the lips, the lining of the cheeks, salivary glands, roof/back/floor of the mouth, gums, teeth, tongue, and tonsils.
If you smoke or chew chew tobacco it will dramatically increase your risk however, everyone can be effected by oral cancer.
Listen to your body and be mindful if you have any of the symptoms listed below ⬇️
* A sore or ulceration that does not go away
* Red, white, or black discoloration on the soft tissues of your mouth
* A lump, hard spot, raised or thickening tissue
* Difficulty speaking, swallowing, and or chewing
* An earache that does not go away
* Pain, tenderness, or numbness on your lips and mouth
If you are having any of these symptoms give us a call to schedule an appointment. Oral Cancer examinations by a oral health professional remain the best method of detecting oral cancer.